I wanted to salvage that mini breadboard and I had some Adafruit Perma-Proto PCBs that were looking lonely, so I moved all everything over and soldered it into place. It turned out pretty well, but I wasn’t so sure by the time I had arrived to the end.
I started by placing the 555 timer directly in the center of the board instead of counting out my spacing to ensure I’d h ave enough room the way everything was laid out. As it turns out, I did, but I was right on the edge of the board when I soldered the capacitor on. Had I started one space closer to the edge of the board, I wouldn’t have had enough room.
You can see the finished product posted on Vine: