I’ve updated Run Router Command to version 1.10.
My changes to this application pretty much mirror those changes made to the application this one was built from: DownloadRouterConfig.py.
Anyway, here is a cut-n-paste of the highlights of changes made between version 1.08 and 1.10:
- I changed the application to use ‘routers.txt’ instead of ‘routers.lst’ by request since not all users that may be using this application have the ability to make permanent file associations. Upon further consideration, I decided to take this a step further and allow users to actually set the name of the file they want to use for this function. I’ve created a variable to define this filename in the source code.
- I have also improved the error-checking for the files. I understand that this source code might actually be distributed as a binary and users may not have access to documentation or the source. I built functionality into the application such that if a required file does not exist, the application will create an example file for the user with instructions on it’s use. I’m still not certain this is the right approach, but I like the way that it works, in theory.
See my GitHub Repository for this project to learn more.